1. General FAQs
1. Do we need software to attend a virtual workshop?
No, our workshop platform works perfectly fine on all your modern-day browsers and does not need any software or extensions.
2. Which browsers do you support?
Best compatibility with the latest Chrome (version 79).
Other supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Brave browser, and most Chromium based browsers
Not supported Browsers: Older versions of Chrome and Firefox, IE, and Opera. Safari (with limited access & known compatibility issue).
3. Can I use a mobile browser?
Although Workshops can be accessed from the mobile browser with access to limited features. To ensure compatibility, we do not recommend the use of Mobile browsers to attend our virtual workshops.
4. Why am I frequently getting disconnected?
1. Please make sure you are not using the same link on multiple devices simultaneously. Close multiple sessions and try refreshing your browser.
2. Please make sure that you have a good internet connection.
5. What are the other different ways to interact at the event?
Interaction features are:
- Chats: Public & private chats with fellow participants.
- Q&As: A dedicated window to ask questions to speakers. Fellow participants can also upvote the questions if they have the same query in mind.
- Reactions: It’s the age of emojis, so express your likes, claps, laughs & love for the event. You can find the reactions bar once the session is live.
6. Do I need to periodically confirm my attendance and active participation during the workshop?
Yes, you will periodically be asked to confirm you are actively attending/participating via an on screen poll. When prompted, you will need to check the “Yes, I am attending” option and click the submit button. The poll can be accessed either on the main stage or via the polls tab. The poll will be displayed on stage for 10-15 seconds and remain open on the polls tab for a little longer in case you are not able to complete it on the screen. In order to receive your CEU Certificate for the workshop you will need to complete these confirmations.
7. How do I get my CEU Certificate after the workshop?
Your Certificate of Attendance will be available for download under your account on the APP website once your confirmation of workshop attendance is verified by our organization. Certificates are generally available shortly after the workshop ends, but please allow up to 24 hours for the certificate to be available for download. You will receive an email notification when it is available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive one.
8. Where do I download handouts for the event?
Participants can download any available handouts for the workshop under the “My Downloads” section of their account on the APP website. Download links will also be shared during the workshop as well. Please contact email@example.com if you have trouble locating them.
9. How to join the workshop?
The workshop link will be sent in a confirmation email after registration. Use the link in your email inbox or on the event page on the APP website. Click on the link and join/login using the same email you used to register for the event. You can whitelist the firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the apponline.org domain in your email provider/software to help ensure deliverability. Please contact email@example.com for specific instructions and assistance in this process.
10. I am getting “Checking your Browser” and “Unable to Connect” messages. Please help?
Please follow the technical guides and try opening the event link in incognito or clear the browser cache. Our workshops are best experienced on a Chromium based browser (version 79 or higher), laptop, or desktop.
11. When does APP send the workshop link? Do they send reminders?
When you complete registration for a workshop on the APP website you will receive an email containing the link to access the workshop. Please whitelist our domain by adding firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact list with your email provider to ensure you receive the emails.
After purchase, the link will also be available to you on the event page. Only those who have registered will be able to join the workshop through the link. A reminder email will be sent to the registered participants the day before and the morning of the event. If you cannot find or do not receive an email with your access link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request it. The link will also be available on the event page after registration is completed.
12. Who should the participants contact if they have problems logging in?
Participants can contact email@example.com if they have trouble.
13. My mic is not connecting. Help?
Please check that :
You have a working mic.
You have provided permission to use the mic for the virtual table meeting.
Refresh the page to re-enter the event and try joining the virtual table again.
14. I only see the schedule on my screen and nothing else. I don’t know how to join the presentation. Help?
You can do one of the following :
Refresh the page to re-enter the event.
Re-open the event on Incognito mode.
Follow the technical instructions.
15. What do you mean by Designation? What shall I write here?
The designation basically means a job title or a position you may have with an organization.
16. How to make sure my mic is muted?
1. During the workshop and presentations: The attendee mics are muted automatically. If you are on the stage by “Raised Hand” or “Invite to Stage” then you can mute yourself by clicking on the mic icon.
2. On Virtual Table: You can mute yourself by clicking on the mic icon.
You will know you are muted once you see that the mic icon is red and has an “\” icon.
17. Where is the button for the workshop chat?
1. Main Chat Section: Chat icon can be found on the right side of the page.
2. Chat on Virtual tables: You will see the chat icon on the bottom right corner.
18. Why am I unable to join using my email address?
If you use multiple email addresses (ie., personal and business), you must join the workshop using the same email you used to register on through the APP website. Also do not try joining using any social accounts or sso logins. You can only join by entering the email you used to register for the workshop. Emails are also case sensitive, so please make sure you are typing it the same as when you registered.
19. I am not able to join the break session, please help?
Break sessions will not go live. It indicates that the session is on break, and you can also see the duration of the break by clicking on the “View Schedule” tab and then selecting the particular break session.
20. I have signed in and registered, but not hearing anything?
Please check if you have given audio permission when connecting.
21. The screen is frozen on IPad. Help?
The event organizer sometimes may disable the social lounge, and until the session starts, you may see the “Event will start shortly” message on the screen. Once the session starts, you will be able to see the host and speakers on the stage.
In other cases, you can do the following actions:
1) Refresh the event page.
2) Try to open the Event link on a desktop/laptop.
3) Restart your IPad and reenter the event.
4) Close any other tabs that are using the camera. For example Zoom, Skype, etc.
5) If you still face any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for quick assistance.
22. I can access the link for the workshop on my IPad but not on my laptop for some reason.
Please close the workshop link on one device and then open it on another device because sometimes using the same link in 2 tabs/devices with the same link and email address will lead to this problem.
If you still face any problems, please contact email@example.com for quick assistance.
23. The mic is not working on any social platform tried to connect via Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browser. The mic was blocked by the system.
Please try the following steps:
Step 1: Open the browser.
Step 2: At the top right, click More Settings.
Step 3: Under “Privacy and security,” click on Site settings.
Step 4: Click Camera or Microphone. Turn on or off Ask before accessing.
24. I’m trying to join a table, but it’s not joining. There’s no error message it just won’t connect. There’s a loading screen. I can’t hear anyone either. Help?
Please clear your cache on the browser or try re-entering in Incognito mode.
25. I am trying to get into my event, but I get a black screen only. Help?
Please try one of the following:
1) Open the event link in Incognito mode and re-enter the event.
2) Switch/change the internet source. For example: Hotspot.
3) If you are using office devices, please turn off the VPN or use your personal device.
4) Clear cache on the browser.
26. Is it possible to attend workshops on a smartphone?
For best experience we recommend using a desktop or laptop computer. However, our workshop platform does have applications that are available both on the Play Store and App Store.
27. How do I test my Audio/video settings in the Workshop?
1) On Virtual table: Click on the two horizontal lines setting icon on the middle-bottom of the virtual table and test your audio/video settings.
2) During a Session: Click on the three dots setting icon and select Audio & video settings to change your audio/video.
28. How do I change the camera settings to use my external camera?
1) On Virtual table: Click on the two horizontal lines setting icon on the middle-bottom of the virtual table and click on the camera setting and select the desired camera.
2) During Session: Click on the three dots setting icon on the middle-bottom and select Audio & video settings to select the desired camera.
2. Lounge FAQs
1. What is the lounge?
When you initially join the workshop you will be located in the lounge until the presentation starts. The lounge is where the virtual tables are. People can click on “Join” and join the table to interact with other participants. They also can also move between tables. You will automatically be redirected to the presentation once it begins.
2. How many people can be on a virtual table?
Each virtual table has different accommodations.
3. Can I use my keyboard shortcuts for making emoticons in chat?
Yes, you can.
4. Can attendees edit the seating capacity of any virtual table?
No, the attendees cannot edit virtual tables’ seating capacity. Only the host/organizers have these controls.
3. Session FAQs
1. What is “Raise Hand”?
Attendees can use the “Raise Hand” feature to come to the stage and ask a question with their microphone. The host will have to give permission on who can or cannot join the stage.
2. As a participant, I am unable to see or hear anything!
Please refresh your browser. If the error persists, you can try to relaunch the browser or try in incognito mode.
If you have installed plugins of other conferencing applications, please disable them or close the application.
3. Can attendees share their screen once on stage?
Yes, the attendees can share their screens once they are invited/allowed on the stage.
4. Can attendees restrict/remove other attendees from the session?
No, attendees can’t restrict/remove other attendees from the session. Only a host has these rights.
If they find someone spamming/abusing, they can report the person by selecting their message and then clicking on the 3-dot icon.
5. Can I use my keyboard shortcuts for making emoticons in chat?
Yes, keyboard shortcuts can be used to create emoticons. You can use keys 1,2,3,4,5.
Need more help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.