September 1, 2019
Welcome to APP – the Association of Practicing Psychologists of Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Inc.! Renew your membership today and register now to attend all of the 6 Sunday morning workshops for 2019-2020 at the Doubletree Hotel in Silver Spring, Maryland. Help to sustain and grow APP by spreading the word and inviting a colleague to join you.
Member benefits include (1) reduced workshop fees and (2) the opportunity to list yourself online in the APP Find a Psychologist directory. Annual APP dues are only $60 for both Full and Affiliate members. Membership entitles you to the reduced workshop fee of only $45 (or $55 for late / onsite registration). This is a savings of $25 per workshop, compared to non-members who pay $70 (or $80 for late / onsite registration).
On behalf of the APP board of directors, it is a pleasure to announce that APP members Tonya Lockwood, Ph.D. and Mary Searcy, Ph.D. have volunteered to join the board. Continuing for another term as officers on the board are Pat Heiber, Ph.D. and Denise Dewhurst, Ph.D. (Program Co-Chairs with Dr. Searcy), Andrea Goldensohn, Psy.D. (Co-Membership Coordinator with Dr. Lockwood), Tania Thomas-Presswood, Ph.D. (Secretary), and Jody Keating (Treasurer & Operations Manager). Each Full and Affiliate Member of the APP is eligible to serve on board of directors. Most of the board’s work is completed online. The APP board of directors (listed on the cover page and the website) meets for about 45 minutes after the workshops on October 20, 2019, February 16, 2020, and April 19, 2020. We welcome the participation of the APP membership at these meetings.
Six outstanding, local practitioners will share their expertise with APP this year:
October 20, 2019
Topic: Psychology, law, and ethics
Presented by Richard Bloch, J.D.
This workshop meets the Law, Ethics and Managing Risk CE requirement.
November 17, 2019
Title: Minority Mental Health: Everyday Traumas and Microaggressions
Presented by Hoorie “Ronnie” Sidique, Ph.D.
This workshop meets the Cultural Diversity CE requirement.
February 16, 2020
Topic: Innovations in primary care behavioral health – collaborative / integrated care and interprofessional education
Presented by Ryan R. Landoll, Ph.D., ABPP, Maj. U.S,A,F.
March 15, 2020
Title: The Neuropsychology of Reading and Writing Disabilities: Case Study Analysis
Presented by Rebecca Resnik, Psy.D.
April 19, 2020
Topic: Legislative initiatives, including custody, that affect clinicians practicing psychology
Presented by Neal Meiselman, J.D.
This workshop meets the Law, Ethics and Managing Risk CE requirement
May 17, 2020
Topic: Psychology of immigration
Presented by Rolando Diaz, Ph.D.
This workshop meets the Cultural Diversity CE requirement.
Continuing education credit. Full attendance earns 3 hours of continuing education credit for each workshop for psychologists. The Association of Practicing Psychologists of Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Association of Practicing Psychologists of Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Inc. maintains responsibility for each program and its content. We adhere to the strict attendance guidelines required by the APA.
Sign-in and hospitality. Sign-in begins at 8:30 AM for each workshop. The workshops will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 12:15 PM. Catch up with friends and colleagues during the complimentary continental breakfast before the workshops (starting at 8:30 AM) and during the 15-minute break.
Note: Only APP members will receive notices of our CE programs and other activities, but listings of the workshops for this year are always available at www.APPonline.org or on our Facebook page.
- Member benefits include (1) reduced workshop fees and (2) the opportunity to list yourself online in the APP Find a Psychologist directory.
Annual APP dues are $60 for both Full and Affiliate members. Membership entitles you to the reduced workshop fee of only $45 (or $55 for late / onsite registration). This is a savings of $25 per workshop, compared to non-members who pay $70 (or $80 for late / onsite registration).
A second advantage of APP membership is the option to list yourself online in the APP Find a Psychologist directory. Your colleagues and the public can access your listing when they search the website for a psychologist. The Membership Application provides space for your contact information and areas of professional interest and specialty.
- Registration: Online registration and payment for membership and workshops is at apponline.org. When presenters provide handouts in advance, these are available for download the Wednesday before the scheduled workshop. Workshop pre-registrants can download workshop handouts for free or can advance order paper copies of the handouts for a cost of $5.00.
- Location and parking: All APP programs are on Sunday mornings at the Doubletree by Hilton in Silver Spring at 8727 Colesville Rd. Free Montgomery County garage parking is adjacent to the hotel. Handicapped parking at the hotel is available upon advance request.
- Member participation: We listen closely to the suggestions of fellow members and workshop participants about suggested topics and speakers. These suggestions are the basis of planning future continuing education programs. The presentations do not necessarily reflect the philosophy or clinical orientation of the APP board members. A Grievance Procedure will be available in hard copy at each workshop.
- ADA needs: We will accommodate your ADA needs; please contact us by e-mail or phone at least 3 weeks prior to the workshop date.
Please address your comments, suggestions, and questions about APP to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or the one of the other board members. I look forward to meeting you and working together to continue the mission of this treasured local resource for psychologists in our community.
Stan Kulewicz, Ph.D.